Implementing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 on NetApp Storage Systems (MSSQL)
Who should attend
This training is for those who design and deploy NetApp storage systems in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
The following prerequisites or equivalent knowledge are required for this course:
- Architecting Microsoft SQL Server on NetApp Storage Systems
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup and restore concepts
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the features of Windows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and the clustered Data ONTAP operating system
- Create and manage clustered Data ONTAP storage virtual machines (SVMs), create and manage logical interfaces (LIFs), data LIFs, and FlexVol volumes
- Enable, configure, and manage a Windows Server 2012 failover cluster
- Install and configure SnapDrive for Windows 2012, establish iSCSI sessions, and create LUNs
- Install and configure SnapManager for SQL Server, migrate, back up, restore, and clone SQL Server databases
- Implement the SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups feature on clustered Data ONTAP
Learn to implement Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 on clustered Data ONTAP storage. This solution-based course focuses on Windows Server Failover Clustering, Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups, SnapDrive for Windows, and SnapManager for SQL Server. In this course, you will learn how to size and prepare clustered Data ONTAP storage virtual machines (also known as Vservers), install and configure SnapDrive for Windows, install and initialize SnapManager for SQL Server, move SQL databases to NetApp storage, backup and restore SQL databases, create Availability Groups, and troubleshoot common misconfigurations. By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently implement SQL Server 2012 on clustered Data ONTAP storage.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date