This 5 day course comprises thefollowed by the 2 day courses.
The first 3 days uses lecture and hands-on exercises to teach the basic administration tasks of an ONTAP 9.10 cluster. You use the cluster shell and OnCommand System Manager to manage storage and network resources. ONTAP Cluster Administration is an intermediate course in a comprehensive learning path for NetApp customers, partners and employees.
Students spend the final 2 days learning about the different data protection solutions that are integrated into ONTAP software, including the SyncMirror, SnapMirror, storage virtual machine (SVM) disaster recovery, and SnapVault solutions. The course also provides an overview of ONTAP MetroCluster configuration, NDMP, and cloud-based data protection with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP and NetApp Data Availability Services. You also learn about the tools for managing ONTAP data protection features. In the hands-on exercises, you use NetApp OnCommand System Manager and the CLI to complete key data protection tasks.
The course also provides an overview of the ONTAP MetroCluster high-availability and disaster recovery software solution.
Who should attend
- Network Engineers
- Channel Partners
- System Engineers
- NetApp Customers
Completion of the following web based training modules:
- ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals (web-based training [WBT])
- ONTAP NAS Fundamentals (WBT)
- ONTAP SAN Fundamentals (WBT)[/link]
- ONTAP Cluster Administration (3-day instructor-led course)
- ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals (eLearning)
- Define ONTAP cluster components
- Describe the role of a storage VM (storage virtual machine, also known as SVM) in the NetApp storage architecture
- Configure an ONTAP cluster
- Configure and manage storage resources
- Configure and manage networking resources
- Create and configure a storage VM
- Create, manage, and protect NetApp FlexVol® volumes
- Implement storage efficiency features
- Manage ONTAP administrator access and user accounts
- Maintain NetApp storage systems
- Describe and distinguish the data protection features in ONTAP software
- Administer the appropriate ONTAP data protection feature to address your data protection concern
- Configure NetApp SnapMirror® relationships for disaster recovery and data backup
- Demonstrate SVM DR
- Illustrate NDMP-enabled operations to back up NAS data to tape
- Integrate the cloud-based data protection solutions that complement your ONTAP based storage systems
- Structure NetApp MetroCluster components and functionality
- Illustrate NetApp SnapMirror Business Continuity components and functionality