Who should attend
Security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiMail in small to enterprise deployments should attend this course.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basic understanding of firewall concepts
- Basic understanding of SMTP
- Experience with PKI, SSL/TLS, and LDAP is recommended
System Requirements- If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
One of the following:
- HTML 5 support
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
- You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection (ATP)
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- common issues related to email and FortiMail
This course covers gateway and server mode in depth. This course also covers transparent mode, however, if you require a course on the use of transparent mode in carrier environments, you should order customized training.
In this three-day class, you will learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from email-borne threats, and you will learn how to integrate with FortiSandbox to detect and block advanced persistent threats.
In interactive labs, you will explore the role of FortiMail as a specialized device, and how its features provide both high-performance and in-depth security for business-critical communications.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
Certification- This course is intended to prepare candidates for the NSE 6 FortiMail certification exam.
The NSE 6 FortiMail certification exam counts toward one of the four NSE 6 specializations required to get the NSE 6 certification.