VDI on FlexPod for AMs (VDIFPAM)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is Account Managers who require an understanding of desktop virtualization so that they can articulate the benefits and value of implementing a desktop virtualization environment on a FlexPod converged infrastructure to their customers.
Prior to attending, you should have a basic understanding of data center technologies and solutions.
In this one-day course, you will learn to:
- Identify potential customers for a desktop virtualization solution
- Explain the value of the FlexPod desktop virtualization solution
- Describe the FlexPod Converged Infrastructure Family
- Describe the benefits of Cisco UCS and a Unified Fabric with a simplified virtualized infrastructure
- Understand why Cisco UCS is the ideal platform for Desktop Virtualization
- Describe the B-Series and C-Series servers within the Cisco UCS family
- Understand how Intel Xeon Processor families provide performance and availability
- Describe NetApp FAS family of storage controllers as an integral part of FlexPod
- Understand how Clustered Data ONTAP provides storage scalability and availability
- Explain the value of VMware View Horizon built on FlexPod
- Explain the value of Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp built on FlexPod
- Explain how Cisco can help to solve common VDI performance problems
- Understand how Cisco UCS can deliver improved performance for VDI power users
- Examine use cases for desktop virtualization and identify the key benefits of the solution
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is being widely deployed in Data Centers by IT managers to centralize employee desktops, applications and data. Most VDI solutions today run in a virtualized data center environment to further improve the manageability and security derived from consolidating hundreds and thousands of desktops to run on a few powerful servers.
In this important one-day sales class you will learn how to identify potential VDI customers and articulate the benefits of deploying VDI on a FlexPod converged infrastructure, including:
- Why should enterprises simplify and streamline desktop operations with fewer servers and cables?
- How do enterprises alleviate concerns about security?
- What is the value in guaranteeing performance to end users, even as that community keeps growing?
- How does Cisco UCS solve common VDI problems and deliver performance to power users
- How is VDI cost justified?
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date