Introduction to IOT - The Transformation of Industries through IOT (Manufacturing) (IOTF)
This course, delivered in partnership with Triangility, is designed to enable partners and Account Manager starting a conversation around IoT in the manufacturing industry. Each industry has different challenges and a different market, so the application of and value by IoT will depend on specific vertical knowledge.
Students will take away a sound understanding of the challenges in manufacturing, the market economics and drivers, scenarios for IoT in manufacturing, the potential stakeholders within and beyond IT - and primarily how to start a conversation with them.
Additionally, students will understand the Cisco IoT portfolio and building blocks based on a case study. Equipped with this knowledge, students are able to approach (new) stakeholders in order to position Cisco IoT and unhide new opportunities.
Who should attend
Partner Account Managers/Sales within P+ Commercial Segment
After the course, participants are empowered to:
- Understand the transformative power of the Internet of Things
- Know the Cisco Portfolio and Solutions
- Understand the macro-economical challenges of the manufacturing industry
- Identify how IoT helps to transform and creates value in manufacturing
- Start a business-led conversation
- Get on track – plan actions and use Cisco resources
Part 1 - IoT and Cisco
- IoT as a driver for business transformation: a brief overview on IoT as a technology as well as a driver for change and innovation
- Cisco IoT Product overview and roadmap
Part 2 - IoT in Manufacturing
- The macro-economical challenges in ‘manufacturing’: providing some background knowledge about each specific industry (market forces, legal, economical etc. by using PESTLE)
- Use cases for IoT in ‘manufacturing’ – example: diving into a specific industry by showing 2-3 use cases of IoT in this environment, focus on problems solved, innovation, value creation
- Manufacturing Solutions: What is the solution, overview and product components, manufacturing ecosystem partners, competitive landscape
- Learn the language of ‘manufacturing’: provide the basic knowledge: market forces (5 Forces), phrases, KPI’s, large players, developments, technological innovation etc.
- Understand the stakeholders in ‘manufacturing’: understand whom to address with IoT beyond IT, their individual challenges, potential value, how to approach them - draft the buying center
- How to get into a conversation: get away with some specific door-opener for AM’s to get into a conversation with stakeholders
Part 3 - Partner Track
- Next steps, Service offerings, Sales Tools & Resources, Enablement, Programs etc.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date